Friday, May 2, 2008




New Orleans rapper Lil Wayne can add another notch to his list of accomplishments.
The "Lollipop" hitmaker who recently did some voice-over work for famed cartoon, The Boondocks, has been casted opposite Forest Whitaker in an upcoming film tentatively titled, The Patriots.
The movie, which is directed by Tim Story (Fantastic Four, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer), is about a basketball team that was assembled of players, who attended five different high schools before Hurricane Katrina devastated the city of New Orleans.
Lil Wayne is set to play a character named "Lamont," who is skeptical of the new teams. The flick is loosely based on a true story and will be hitting theaters around Thanksgiving.
In related news, Weezy recently sat down with MTV news and discussed some of the details from the long overdue Carter III.
In other news…
Weezy cleared up the confusion over the various versions of the albums street single, "A Millie." According to the Young Money CEO, the various versions will take the place of skits on Tha Carter III.
"I'm not gonna have skits on the album. The different versions of 'A Millie' will be where the skits would be," he tells MTV.
"It's gonna be like I'm calling home and the person who's on that track is gonna be, like, inside Tha Carter at that time. Only people I put on there is all new artists — artists I think is gonna be in this music shit for a long time. Tyga, Corey Guns, Hurricane Chris, Lil Mama — it's gonna be ill. On the video, I'm introducing my artist, Lil Chucky. He's 13 years old. He's hot in the South. He's got his own part for 'A Millie' too."
Weezy also speaks on the album cover--which many fans speculated to be fake.
"That's me!" he said. "All day. No computers. Only thing [digitally enhanced] was the tattoos. My momma gave me the picture for me to put on the album cover. I don't know where my momma found that picture. My momma, she gave me that and one more. If you would have saw the other picture, you'd be like, 'She got too many pictures.' "

The Carter III is scheduled to hit shelves on June 10th.
-defsounds.com

G.F.B.N!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh iloveWeezy.
omfg. ima watch dat movie at least 500 times. HolyFuk.